Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dinostars: A Musical Variety Show

If you want to see a play guaranteed to be cute ... have it performed by kindergartners. In music, Payden has been working on this musical for a few months.  She was super excited to be singing about dinosaurs ... it's crazy how both her and Taylor's plays this year were about some of our families favorite things.  

Tom headed with the other kids to find seats while I took Payden to her teacher.  I helped her don a white shirt and her hat and snapped a picture before I left.  I was also able to meet the mom of her best friend from school ... Krista.  Her teacher has told me that she and Krista are inseparable.  If they aren't by each other at lunch, one of them will convince some to move over for them.  Every time.  

She loves to pose for pictures.  

Finally it was time for the kindergartners to come on stage.  

The principal welcoming us and asking us to clear the aisles for the kids.  

While the teachers organized the kids, Payden quickly found us and waved at us.  Because I started taking pictures, she couldn't resist posing for me.  Silly girl!

Even on stage, Payden is right by her best friend ... Krista is the little girl on the front row in the black hat.  


Finally it was time to begin.  The show was basically American Idol meets Flintstones, so down the aisles came the judges ... Judge Samplestone, Judge Turlandosaurus, and Judge Zumrock.


Each judge was introduced with Judge Zumrock being the Simon Cowell of the group.



Then the kids sang "Dinostars!" about being the next Dinostar.


Then we got to hear 4 songs, each followed by the judges critiquing and scoring each song.  First up was "The Raptor's Rap" ...  


Followed by "Micropachycephalosaurus" (very cute coming out of kindergartners' mouths) ...


Followed by "Dinosaur Two-Step" ...


And lastly, "Dinosaur Rock."



After yet another scathing review from Judge Zumrock, Barney's cousin came on the stage and scared the judge away.


Finally, the kids finished off singing "Dinostars" yet again.





So cute.  So fun.  We loved seeing Payden up there performing and singing and dancing her little heart out.  Good job, Payden!!

3 comments:

mlauricella said...

Very cute. I like it! School musicals. What fun teachers you have.

David and Karin said...

I love the action shots of all the children on the stage dancing! Payden is so cute!

Loriann said...

How adorable! I'm so jealous. I try to get cute photos of Avery and her school photos, but I'm always too far away for my outdated camera to get any good shots. Yours are just precious!