Truthfully, I haven't been sleeping well. Another new school for the girls. Worry that it won't be a good fit for the kids, especially because this is it. We're here to stay. Worry about Taylor making friends and Payden starting kindergarten. All new situations tend to bring out my worries. Thankfully, today school started!
We woke up, and everyone was happy and excited as we got ready. Of course, the new clothes and shoes helped make things more exciting. At least now, we know the school dress code and won't be surprised ... I found out last Thursday that they could only wear collared shirts. Except for polos, collared shirts aren't as easy to find as you'd think. Fortunately, we found enough to get us going. Taylor was especially helpful in trying to get Payden excited about going to kindergarten. 2nd grade is awful, according to her, but kindergarten is just awesome. Haha! She's a funny girl, but I was glad for the encouragement, and I think it helped Payden a lot.
Living in a small town has many perks, but today it was nice to be 3 blocks from the school , not have a BILLION people trying to get their kids to school, and have school start before 8, so Tom could easily be with us today; in fact, he'll probably drop the big kids off every day.
Taylor was the first to be dropped off with her teacher Mrs. Raley. She was pretty nervous, so it was hard to get a smile out of her. This is her teacher's first year teaching, so Taylor was excited to have someone who was "new" just like her.
Then we headed to the complete opposite side of the building to drop Shelby off with her teacher Ms. Eames.
Next we headed over to Payden's school and dropped her off with her teacher Mrs. Petras. I was expecting some tears, but she didn't cry at all ... and neither did I. She was definitely nervous, but I promised her some chocolate chip cookies when she got home from school. Yes, I know exactly how to make that girl happy!!!
We dropped Tom off at work and then it was just me and Declan in the car ... weird. We had a few errands to run and a first-day-of-school breakfast to go to, put on by the mom of one the only friends I have here in town (and one of the few people I know). Declan has just played on his own and doesn't seemed to be phased at all to be home alone. Yay! Now I've got to go make some cookies before it's time to pick up the girls and hear about their day!!
1 comment:
Your girls look so adorable!
Post a Comment