Taylor came home from school. Our usual routine is that I get her folder out of her backpack and look in while she sits with me. Today, though, she insisted on handing me all of her papers. She was being sneaky. I could tell something was up. After threatening to put her in time-out, she finally handed over her folder. She was absolutely devastated to have her first note written on her behavior chart.
Poor baby! She felt so bad about this note. I tried to convince her that it wasn't a bad note; we just needed to return the booklet to school because it needed to be graded. I definitely see a bit of me in her. I hate any kind of correction ... good or bad.
I was looking over Taylor's papers one day and saw this ...
JUXTAPOSITION! Are you kidding me? She's only in first grade. She told me a teacher had taught her that word. Nice job, Taylor!


No comments:
Post a Comment